Carbon Monoxide Alarm An electromechanical alarm that saves lives by detecting carbon monoxide gas and giving a loud acoustic warning if this poisonous gas is present. The alarm is battery powered and incorporates an LCD display screen which constantly shows the current CO levels. An essential life saver needed in every household with gas or solid fuel heating. Recommended positioning, in all rooms with boilers, stoves or open fires. Tested in an approved laboratory in the UK to ensure full compliance to new EN50291-1 : 2018 certification Continually monitors with a loud alarm on detection of carbon monoxide. Up to 10 years working life span. LCD display shows the current particle sampling count. LED status indicators; green for power, amber for fault and red for alarm. Battery powered to allow the unit to remain functional in the event of a power cut. Latched battery compartment designed to prevent alarm from being fitted with no battery. Warning: this apparatus should be installed by a competent person and is to be installed according to the manufacturers instructions.